Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

9.24.2009

Help for Holiday Logo


Here's the situation, as described by my client, the Tualatin-Tigard Family Resource Center:

"I just returned from a meeting with community partners in Washington County regarding coordination of the holiday assistance program. (Toys and food for families in need) We would like to really join forces this year and collaborate on one single unified assistance program. A part of that means using common language for the program and having a logo to use for all printed material regarding the program. You did such a fabulous job with our logo that I instantly thought of you.

We are thinking of something simple in black and white that would be easy to photocopy. Let me know if you would be interested in volunteering for this project. We would be working on a tighter time line - possibly several weeks - since we are eager to get publicity materials out as soon as possible. But we also wouldn't be sending so many drafts back to you for tweaking, so it would be doable in that time frame. I know you are busy with a young family, and I understand if this is too much for you to take on at this time. But if you are interested, we would LOVE to have you do this project. Let me know what you think as soon as possible."

The trick was that the logo HAD to be in black and white for reproduction purposes, and it had to be holiday-neutral, as the program does not want to exclude anyone. I chose bold, defined shapes that would photo copy well. I'll keep you posted on what they pick!

0 comments: