Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

9.17.2009

My First Gig!


Literally a day after deciding I was going to pursue my freelance graphic design side job, I was meeting with a client to discuss his printing needs and he asked me to design a flyer! I jumped at the opportunity, as this was my first paid gig. He sent me his initial ideas, which consisted of a very basic sketch in Microsoft Word with some text and a few images. I took that idea and ran with it. We came up with a great plan to market his company's product, a software solution for the retirement facility industry. We were getting down to the wire, as the tradeshow was just about a week away and the thing still had to be printed! At the very last minute, his bosses decided to take the flyer in a different direction and instead focus on the company, rather than the product. With only a few hours to spare, I spent the evening revising the design and adding in all of the information his company wanted to get across. We reviewed the final proof together and BAM, the flyer was printed the next day. Now that's what I call service!

1 comments:

Michelle Abraham Osman said...

I love this! Good for you, Kyle!