Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

1.10.2012

Marketing Tip: Maximize Your Time Through Your Browser




Like most things out there today, when it comes to technology we have a lot of choices. This is especially true when it comes to your choice of web browser. Each web browser has their own pros and cons (excluding IE7...which is pretty much all "cons"), but not all browsers are created equal. In fact, the very way you view the web can depend on what browser you use and if the site is compatible with your browser.

Personally, ever since the day it came out I was a Google Chrome fan. The interface is clean and easy to use, and what makes it for me are all of the add-ons. Chrome comes stuffed with features you can add on to maximize your time on the web, like advanced page viewing (you don't have to click that pesky "next" button, the next page automatically loads below the current page!), screen capturing (take high-resolutions screen shots of a web page), and a web developers dream, Firebug (view the source code and behind-the-scenes details of any web page).

Chrome's popularity is evident in the industry, and even just recently I reviewed my Google Analytics stats to find that over 44% of all visitors to my website were using Google Chrome, the single largest browser usage among my visitors. The browsers most frequently used to view my website were as follows:

1. Chrome - 44%
2. Safari - 10%
3. Firefox - 12%
4. Mozilla Compatible Agent (which means iPhone) - 10%
5. Internet Explorer (ew!) - 7%
6. Android Browser - 6%

The fact that around 16% of my views were from a mobile device also lets me know that I should start thinking about converting my website to a mobile-friendly version, which is part of my 2012 plan.

I hope this Marketing Tip helps you maximize your time, and if there's anything I can do to help feel free to email me at kyle@enrichdesign.us.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting stuff! Thanks for the info.